Friday, March 12, 2010

packing lunches

I am thinking about kindergarten... My oldest registers for school next week. AAH! I am still not ready for her to go... but I have the summer to prepare. I am thinking lunches.... So here is a brainstorm of lunch bits and bobs to have for her. (FYI- She is lactose-intolerant)
Main:
Samwiches (no, that is not a typo-- my mom says it the same way)
Leftovers from dinner
--chili w/ cornbread
-- taco Salad
--homemade cod fish sticks
--roasted veg
--tomato soup
--pasta marinara
Home canned soups (once I learn how to home can soups :))
Tuna Salad (tuna & Mayo mixed in w/ lettuce --my grandma always had
a bowl of this in her fridge)
Beans and Rice with a tortilla
Pancakes or French Toast Sticks with syrup or jam or fruit sauce

Sides
Fresh Fruit
Home canned fruit -- pears or peaches
Carrot Sticks with homemade fry sauce
Cucumbers in rice wine vinegar
Coleslaw
Salad
Fruit Salad
homemade fruit rollups

Dessert
Fortune Cookies (Get big bag and replace fortunes)
Almond milk pudding/tapioca/rice
muffins
rice krispy treat

that's it for now

No comments:

Post a Comment